Where Challenge Meets Passion!
Notarius, a rapidly growing tech company from Montreal, specialized in electronic and digital signatures, is currently looking for a Compliance Advisor to join its Dream Team.
What your week will look like:
Under the supervision of the Compliance and Risk Management Leader, the Compliance Advisor contributes to the drafting of documents, policies and organizational contracts, and monitors different legal files, specifically for our English-speaking clients, including trademarks and regulatory monitoring.
By applying quality management skills, the advisor actively participates in upholding Notarius’ security and quality standards, and contributes to business development. He or she plays a critical role in maintaining our certifications by conducting internal audits when required. The advisor also provides guidance and advice to develop recommendations and the appropriate implementation plans.
Lastly, the advisor serves as a technical collaborator by actively participating in the daily management of the digital signatures held by Notarius’ different clients.
To complete our Dream Team, you must have:
- Diploma of college studies or bachelor's degree in law or the equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in legal-related activities
- 3+ years of full-time experience in the fields of quality management, security or internal audits (asset)
- Knowledge of quality and information security international standards (asset)
- Knowledge of cloud-service standards such as SOC II (asset)
- Hold certifications such as CIA, CISA, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, or others (asset)
- Excellent document writing and presentation skills
- Perfect mastery of French and English, both spoken and written
- Interest in technology
- Mastery of the Office 365 suite (Advanced Excel–required)
- Knowledge of continuous improvement or change management tools (asset)
- Knowledge of audit methodologies (asset)
Key personal skills:
- Effective communicator in both official languages
- Good negotiator
- Skilled at explaining complex topics in simple terms
- Focused on producing quality work
- Highly organized, thorough, rigorous and detail-oriented
- Approachable, optimistic, responsible and reliable leader
- Pragmatic and agile
- Ability to work on multiple files at once
- Ability to respect deadlines and priorities
- Respectful, self-critical and collaborative team player
- Disciplined, independent and resourceful
- Takes initiative
- Sense of discretion and concern for confidentiality
- Curious and able to think outside the box to find fast and effective solutions
The daily extras that are our strength:
- A united and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Four weeks of vacation after 1 year of service
- A competitive salary
- An excellent pension plan
- Group insurance, including medical and dental
- Access to the Dialogue telehealth platform
- Access to continuing education
- A paid cell phone plan and a phone
- Social activities and more!
Location: Downtown Montreal (100 metres from the Square-Victoria metro station) Mainly remote during COVID-19, based on public health directives.
Who is Notarius?
A leading expert in electronic signatures, digital signatures, and long-term document reliability since 1996, we are the only Canadian firm that issues trusted signatures recognized by Adobe® and Microsoft® and certified according to eIDAS standards (electronic IDentification, Authentication and trust Services). We are also certified carbon neutral and hold the Remarkable Employer®, ISO 27001 (information security and privacy) and ISO 9001 (quality) certifications.
Every year, thousands of professionals, executives, clients and partners use our products to sign and authenticate millions of electronic documents with the same legal value as hand-signed paper documents. We have a solid track record in developing solutions that respect the highest security and confidentiality standards.
Any combination of relevant training and experience will be considered; atypical profiles are welcome.
If you are interested in this position, your resume would be helpful, but we are just as interested in getting to know you. Please attach your resume and a 150-word text describing your interests and passions in the field of law and information technology and the reason you are interested in this position.
Since this position is bilingual, please provide your resume and cover letter in both French and English.