Compliance & Legal Technician
Where Challenge Meets Passion!
The Compliance and Risk Management Leader at Notarius, a rapidly growing tech company from Montreal, specialized in electronic and digital signatures, is seeking a full-time Compliance & Legal Technician available immediately to join our Dream team. Although we are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, our modern and newly renovated offices are located in downtown Montreal.
What your week will look like:
- Contribute to the drafting and follow-up of legal documents and files, particularly for our English-speaking clients
- Analyze and comment on contracts between the company and external suppliers or clients
- Conduct literature searches in different legal publications
- Conduct legal monitoring
- Interpret laws, regulations, guidelines and industry standards to facilitate enforcement within the company, including assisting in the identification and assessment of their compliance risks and the development of mitigation measures
- Develop, maintain and enforce corporate compliance policies and procedures
- Participate in educating employees on regulatory compliance and their obligations
- Provide guidance and advice to develop recommendations and the appropriate implementation plans in different areas
- Serve as a technical collaborator by actively participating in the daily management of the digital signatures held by Notarius’ different clients
To complete our Dream Team, you must have:
- Background in law – Diploma of college studies (Diplôme d’études collégiales) or an equivalent
- Two to three years of experience in the legal field
- Knowledge of internal audit standards - an asset
- Excellent document writing and presentation skills
- Perfect mastery of French and English, both spoken and written
- Mastery of the Office 365 suite
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to switch into solution mode and quickly adapt to change
- Good analytical skills, rigorous, detail-oriented and ability to see the big picture
- Organized, autonomous, resourceful and takes initiative
- Interest in technology
- Optimistic, responsible and reliable
- Respectful of deadlines and priorities
- Self-critical and collaborative team player
- Sense of discretion and concern for confidentiality
The daily extras that are our strength:
- A united and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Four weeks of vacation after 1 year of service
- A competitive salary
- An excellent pension plan
- Group insurance, including medical and dental
- Access to the Dialogue telehealth platform
- Access to continuing education
- A paid cell phone plan and a phone
- Social activities and more!
Status: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Downtown Montreal (100 metres from the Square-Victoria metro station) Mainly remote during COVID-19, based on public health directives.
Who is Notarius?
A leading expert in electronic signatures, digital signatures, and long-term document reliability since 1996, we are the only Canadian firm that issues trusted signatures recognized by Adobe® and Microsoft® and certified according to eIDAS standards (electronic IDentification, Authentication and trust Services). We are also certified carbon neutral and hold the Remarkable Employer®, ISO 27001 (information security and privacy) and ISO 9001 (quality) certifications.
Every year, thousands of professionals, executives, clients and partners use our products to sign and authenticate millions of electronic documents with the same legal value as hand-signed paper documents. We have a solid track record in developing solutions that respect the highest security and confidentiality standards.
Any combination of relevant training and experience will be considered; atypical profiles are welcome.
Since this position is bilingual, please provide your resume and cover letter in both French and English.