Drupal Technical Architect
Where Challenge Meets Passion!
The Drupal Technical Architect (TA) is responsible for the end-to-end technical solution to meet the scope of a project. Utilizing Portage’s project delivery expeditors: Freeflow and Accelerate, the TA ensures the technical solution proposed is aligned with UX/UI vision/wireframes so the full solution presented to the customer is succinct.
During the life of the project, the TA will continue to ensure the technical blueprint, also known as the technical specification solution (‘tech spec’) outlined is sufficient to meet the project scope. If changes are needed, the TA will work with the project team to update the tech spec as required, always ensuring it meets the contracted project scope. The final tech spec should match the final solution that is delivered for the project. This will serve as an important project artifact to build off of for further opportunities with the customer.
Further, this tech spec is a key deliverable of the TA as it outlines the Drupal solution that meets the scope of the project. The tech spec is used by the project team to outline the necessary tasks to deliver, and helps build out the project plan/timeline to ensure the project is delivered efficiently, on time, on budget and on quality.
What your weeks will look like:
- Working with the project manager, assist with the presentation, configuration, demonstration, and articulating the benefits of the projects technical solution to both technical and business audiences.
- Creation and ownership of the project tech spec document, updating during the project as needed.
- Work with the project manager and project team during the life of the project, the TA will continue to ensure the technical solution outlined is sufficient to meet the project scope.
- Outline any risk/unknowns that may be encountered from the solution so mitigations can be outlined
- May need to build demos in order to gain customer alignment before the tech spec can be outlined
- Work with the project manager to present the tech spec to the customer, or answer ongoing solution questions that arise
- Provide assistance to the project development team to answer any solution questions that arise
- Provide assistance to the project support team to answer any solution questions that arise
Requirements / Skills:
Technical Architects Focus On:
- How technology can be used to solve a given business problem which framework, platform, or tech-stack can be used to create a solution
- How the application will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
- How things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained
- Figuring out the risk in third-party frameworks/platforms
- Outlining a solution to meet the business needs/project scope, and utilizes FREEFLOW and ACCELERATE
- Work with the project manager and UX/UI team to ensure the proposed solution and wireframes are aligned
- 8+ years of expertise in developing, presenting and demonstrating software and service solutions to prospects and customers.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS and PHP is a must. Angular or React is a plus.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management solutions is a plus.
- Technical discovery, presentation, communication, and influencing skills adapted to every level, from project team members, other internal groups and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or MBA or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
The everyday extras that make us strong:
- Close-knit and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Four weeks holiday after one year of service
- Extended Holiday break
- A competitive salary
- A generous employer contribution to the Group RRSP
- Group insurance, including medical and dental.
- Access to the Dialogue telemedicine platform
- Access to continuing education.
- An iPhone with a corporate package
- Social activities
- And much more!
Status: Full time
Start date: as soon as possible
About Portage Cybertech
From government services to health information and even attendance at universities and colleges, today everything needs to be online and easy to use. Portage has the products and expertise you need to expand secure and trusted digital services at the pace that is right for you, without changing your current infrastructure.
Its Digital Trust Matrix solution portfolio integrates consent-based digital identity services, content management, customer relationship management, and trusted electronic and digital signatures.
As an enabler of digital trust, Notarius offers secured digital signatures, trusted electronic signatures and reliable signature tools throughout North America. Notarius’ solutions give electronic documents a higher level of legal reliability than a hand-signed paper document. They ensure the integrity and authenticity of electronic documents.
By adopting Notarius’ solutions, professionals and organizations subject to stringent legal requirements digitally transform their entire workflow while ensuring the long-term retention of their electronic archives.
Founded in 1996, Notarius collaborates with more than 50 professional associations in Canada and serves more than 4,000 companies, universities, and municipalities. The company manages more than 50,000 digital identities.