Where Challenge Meets Passion!
Do you want to unleash your potential and know-how in accounting operations management? Are you looking for stimulating challenges in an environment that fosters balance and fulfillment?
Portage CyberTech, the parent company of Notarius, is seeking a Financial Controller to oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial and regulatory reporting, budget preparation and forecasting, as well as the creation of internal control procedures and policies. This new role reports to Portage CyberTech's VP Finance and Administration. The majority of your colleagues are based at the Notarius office in the heart of Old Montreal.
What your weeks will look like:
- Manage all accounting operations, including billing, receivables, general ledger
- Coordinate and take responsibility for budgeting and financial forecasting, including reporting variances
- Prepare monthly financial statements in a timely manner
- Handle month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Ensure quality control on financial transactions and reports
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements
- Implement and detail business processes and accounting policies to ensure and strengthen internal controls
- Manage the various governmental credits
Requirements / Skills:
- More than 5 years of proven experience as a Financial Controller
- University degree in accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in general accounting functions and the month/year-end closing process
- Excellent administrative and accounting software skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Experience in implementing new accounting systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in French and English (many of your colleagues, as well as many of our suppliers and clients, are located outside of Quebec).
The everyday extras that make us strong:
- Close-knit and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Four weeks holiday after one year of service
- A competitive salary
- Group insurance, including medical and dental
- Access to the Dialogue telemedicine platform
- Access to continuing education
- An iPhone with a corporate package
- Social activities
- And much more!
Status: Full time
Location: Hybride - Old Montreal (100 m from Square-Victoria metro)
Start date: as soon as possible
About Portage Cybertech
From government services to health information and even attendance at universities and colleges, today everything needs to be online and easy to use. Portage has the products and expertise you need to expand secure and trusted digital services at the pace that is right for you, without changing your current infrastructure.
Its Digital Trust Matrix solution portfolio integrates consent-based digital identity services, content management, customer relationship management, and trusted electronic and digital signatures.
As an enabler of digital trust, Notarius offers secured digital signatures, trusted electronic signatures and reliable signature tools throughout North America. Notarius’ solutions give electronic documents a higher level of legal reliability than a hand-signed paper document. They ensure the integrity and authenticity of electronic documents.
By adopting Notarius’ solutions, professionals and organizations subject to stringent legal requirements digitally transform their entire workflow while ensuring the long-term retention of their electronic archives.
Founded in 1996, Notarius collaborates with more than 50 professional associations in Canada and serves more than 4,000 companies, universities, and municipalities. The company manages more than 50,000 digital identities.