Human Resources Specialist
Where Challenge Meets Passion!
Do you want to unleash your full potential and know-how in HR management? You like to tackle all aspect of HR, from recruitment to benefits, sound policy implementation and exit interviews? You want to grow in a fast-growing and human-sized company?
Portage Cybertech, the parent company of Notarius, is looking for a Human Resources Specialist! This is a permanent, full-time, hybrid position (based in Montreal) that will manage HR duties for our employees in several Canadian provinces (Montreal, Ottawa/Gatineau, Regina, and Victoria).
What your weeks will look like:
- Contribute to recruitment activities, from applications filtering to offer letter preparation.
- Work for the betterment of the workspace environment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of sound HR policies throughout the organization.
- Maintain organizational charts, detailed job descriptions and employee work record.
- Manage benefits, health and life insurance programs.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding tasks, including orientation to Portage systems and programs.
- Respond to employee and management inquiries.
- Ensure performance reviews are conducted regularly.
- Assign and monitor completion of new hire and refresher trainings.
- Perform administrative duties on HR systems.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in provincial labor legislation.
- Travel from time to time to other offices (less than 5% of the time)
Requirements / Skills:
- Fluently bilingual – English/French (written and oral, as some of your colleagues may live and work outside Quebec)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines – agility is key.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail, curious and self-motivated
- Rigorous at managing confidential information.
- Good understanding of payroll processing
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint is a must)
- Sound knowledge with HR Information systems (we use Dayforce HCM and are considering alternatives)
- BSc. In Human Resources or certificate with equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR experience, ideally in a hi-tech company. Experience in recruiting is a plus.
- Experience with Quebec’s labor laws, and ideally labor laws of other provinces.
The everyday extras that make us strong:
- Close-knit and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Four weeks holiday after one year of service
- Extended Holiday break
- A competitive salary
- A generous employer contribution to the Group RRSP
- Group insurance, including medical and dental.
- Access to the Dialogue telemedicine platform
- Access to continuing education.
- An iPhone with a corporate package
- Social activities
- And much more!
Status: Full time
Location: Hybride - Old Montreal (100 m from Square-Victoria metro)
Start date: as soon as possible
About Portage Cybertech
From government services to health information and even attendance at universities and colleges, today everything needs to be online and easy to use. Portage has the products and expertise you need to expand secure and trusted digital services at the pace that is right for you, without changing your current infrastructure.
Its Digital Trust Matrix solution portfolio integrates consent-based digital identity services, content management, customer relationship management, and trusted electronic and digital signatures.
As an enabler of digital trust, Notarius offers secured digital signatures, trusted electronic signatures and reliable signature tools throughout North America. Notarius’ solutions give electronic documents a higher level of legal reliability than a hand-signed paper document. They ensure the integrity and authenticity of electronic documents.
By adopting Notarius’ solutions, professionals and organizations subject to stringent legal requirements digitally transform their entire workflow while ensuring the long-term retention of their electronic archives.
Founded in 1996, Notarius collaborates with more than 50 professional associations in Canada and serves more than 4,000 companies, universities, and municipalities. The company manages more than 50,000 digital identities.