Senior DBA (Contract)
Where Challenge Meets Passion!
Notarius, a growing Montreal tech company specializing in electronic and digital signatures, is currently seeking a Senior DBA for an initial 6-month term, and who has the experience required to meet the following challenges:
What your week will look like:
- Review the configuration and optimize some of our SQL (MS SQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases;
- Analyze, recommend and implement solutions to accelerate certain complex or inefficient requests (slow queries);
- Analyze and recommend approaches to facilitate the use of data from our Production systems (replication, synchronization, "real time" or not, ...);
- Review the DB monitoring and backup strategy;
- Analyze our needs in terms of "reporting" and propose solutions;
- Support the team in the implementation of the selected reporting tool;
- Transfer knowledge to team members.
To complete our Dream Team, you must have:
- 10 years in IT, including the last 5 years as DBA
- Proficiency in SQL (MS SQL Server, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases
- Proficiency in database query languages (TSQL, SQL)
- Familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of on-premises and Cloud-based DB
- Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Good understanding of the issues related to performance and availability of databases (HA)
The ideal DBA we are looking for has the following strengths:
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem (S3, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, RDS, Document DB)
- Hands on (able to implement recommended solutions)
The daily extras that are our strength:
- Close-knit and passionate teams
- A friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- And more!
Who is Notarius?
A leading expert in electronic signatures, digital signatures, and long-term document reliability since 1996, Notarius is the only Canadian firm that issues trusted signatures recognized by Adobe and Microsoft and that are eIDAS-compliant (electronic IDentification Authentication and trust Services). Notarius’ digital signature solutions are currently recognized and used by more than 50 professional associations across Canada, allowing thousands of professionals to sign and authenticate electronic documents with the same legal value as hand-signed paper documents.