Montreal, February 23, 2022 - The majority of technologists and technology professionals in Canada will have access to a digital signature issued directly by their association starting March 01, 2022. Along with 16 other professions in Canada that are governed by more than 50 professional associations, technologists and technicians who are members or licence holders of the following associations will be able to digitally authenticate their electronic documents:
- Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
- Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- Technology Professionals Saskatchewan (TPS)
- Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba (CTTAM)
- L’Ordre des Technologues Professionnels du Québec (OTPQ)
- New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (SttagNB/NBSCETT)
- The Island Technology Professionals (ITP)
- Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Newfoundland and Labrador (AETTNL)
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
A digital signature issued by a professional association is like a digital passport for a member. It certifies the member's identity and their professional affiliation. It proves that the member is in good standing and has the right to practise in his or her jurisdiction at the time of signing. It also ensures the integrity of the signed electronic documents and prevents their falsification.
As technologists and technology professionals across the country increasingly work with tools that can integrate metadata and 3D models, digital signatures will give them the means to authenticate their electronic documents without printing them, while significantly increase their productivity.
As key players in building our infrastructure and protecting the public, the thousands of Canadian technologists and technology professionals can rely on digital signatures to ensure the high quality of their practice more effectively.
A leading expert in electronic signatures, digital signatures, and long-term document reliability since 1996, Notarius is the only Canadian firm that issues trusted signatures recognized by Adobe and Microsoft and that are eIDAS-compliant (electronic IDentification Authentication and trust Services). Notarius’ digital signature solutions are currently recognized and used by more than 50 professional associations across Canada, allowing thousands of professionals to sign and authenticate electronic documents with the same legal value as hand-signed paper documents.
Director of Marketing, Notarius
To learn more about the new digital signatures available to technologist, register for one of the FREE 60-minute national webinars by clicking one of the links below:
Agenda for each live 60-minute webinar:
- Notarius: Professional digital signature provider
- Key tool for electronic document reliability from a legal perspective
- Introduction to electronic and digital signatures, terminology, variety of available solutions and the varying levels of reliability between them
- The professional digital signature issued by your respective association and its high standard of reliability
- A quick demo of ConsignO Desktop (signature tool)
- Information on the nationwide promotion for registered professionals across Canada and how to subscribe
Webinar – March 10 (LIVE)
Please register for Your Professional Association's Electronic Document Authentication Tool and Services; What is it, Why and Special Launch Promo on Mar 10, 2022 12:00 PM EST at:
Webinar March 22 (LIVE)
Please register for Your Professional Association's Electronic Document Authentication Tool and Services; What is it, Why and Special Launch Promo on Mar 22, 2022 -12:00 PM EDT at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.