Signature Validation Tools
Validate signers’ identities, as well as the integrity and longevity of your documents. Prevent counterfeiting and fraud by detecting alterations to your electronic or printed documents.
Verify that your digitally signed documents are validated before publishing, accepting or archiving them.
Validate the identity of your documents’ signers and ensure that they are duly authorized to sign.
Do you know who really signed your document?
Validating digital signatures is the only way to ensure that digitally signed documents have been authenticated by the right person with the required credentials at the time they affixed their signature or seal. Find out how to validate CertifiO digital signatures in Acrobat Reader, BlueBeam Revu, ConsignO Desktop and using VerifiO.com.
Validating is essential, easy and free!
Do you receive electronically signed documents? Great, but do you know if these documents are indeed digitally signed by the right person? Omitting the verification step exposes you to cast doubt on the identity and the skill set of the signer(s) and ultimately the quality and value of the documents in question.
Protect yourself against fraud
A professional seal is a guarantee of public protection. However, in North America, forgery is not uncommon. Engineers and architects have seen both their seals and plans stolen from them, only to be subsequently accepted by authorities.
Validating to ensure the integrity, authenticity, and sustainability of your documents
When you receive digitally signed documents, the complete validation of the signatures is the only way to ensure the integrity, authenticity, and sustainability of your documents.
Ensure that your documents can be read and validated for decades to come thanks to conformity with the PDF/A and PadES standards.
Validate the reliability and authenticity of key information in any printed document bearing a Visible Digital Seal (VDS)
With our ConsignO Desktop PDF reader, validating digital signatures of PDF documents is quick and easy.
- Validate signers’ identities, as well as their membership to a professional association or organization.
- Maintain the integrity of documents once signed.
- Validate conformity to the PDF/A standard and determine if a signature meets the conditions for long-term archiving (LTA).
- Get all the benefits of ConsignO Desktop at no extra charge when you subscribe to the digital signature.
- Download an original PDF document and validate the signer's identity in seconds, as well as the document’s integrity, authenticity and longevity.
- If the PDF document, in its original or digital form, bears a Visible Digital Seal (VDS), you can validate key information in the document.
- Need to store your documents on your servers? Contact us for a white-label version hosted on our infrastructure.
Automate the validation of your digitally signed PDF documents.
- Validate signers’ identities, as well as the integrity and longevity of your documents.
- Turnkey solution that doesn’t require IT expertise.
- Integrate the solution into your infrastructure (workstation and centralized server) to ensure that your documents don’t leave your domain.
- REST API and Command Line Interface (CLI) available depending on your volumes and usage.
- Ability to directly integrate Java libraries.
See How it’s Used
If You Change Nothing, Nothing Will Change - How to Increase Engineering Performance in Canada?
What are the criteria to ensure that a signature is valid?
A signature is recognized as being valid if the certificate associated with the signer is valid (not revoked) at the time of signing and if the certificate was issued by a recognized certificate authority.
A signature is invalid if it does not meet the conditions previously mentioned, if validation proof was not included at the time of signing or if the signer’s certificate has expired.
What is the purpose of signature validation?
The complete validation of the signature is just as important as the act of signing the document. Before publishing, accepting or archiving a document, validating the identity of your documents’ signers and ensuring that they are duly authorized to sign is essential. It is also important to verify if your document will be able to be read for decades to come and if it was altered after it was signed.